It’s really easy to get to know others, especially online.
Surprisingly – not everyone feels this way.
See more on Know Your Meme
Let’s use facebook as an example. If you are on facebook and some one likes your post. Right there are 2 things in common – You are both on facebook and you both have an interest in the same post.
Want to find 10 more things in common with your contacts,
Say Hi – to your new friend.
ELO - (no not the band) Explore, Listen and Observe.
Focus on what “IS” – not what “IS NOT”.
The easiest way to begin creating relationships online is to see what some one is doing, where and find out what you have in common.
- People - Possibly you have some of the same friends or networks. Do you like the same historical figures and celebrities? Are you both Parents?
- Places – Have you Traveled or lived in the same places. Have they been places you would like to go?
- Pets and other animals. i.e I Love Lions and Tigers.s
- Palate – Food and Drinks – Are you both vegan or meat lovers? Do you both like wine or coffee?
- Physical – Fitness – do you both go to the gym, run, hike, ski, golf, dance, etc. Illness – connects many.
- Play – what do they do with their leisure time? Are there Jokes and Quotes you both like? Rumor has it – the secret to humor is surprise. Did a post surprise you? – share what it was that surprised you.
- Passion – this includes charity and causes, interests, art, literature, business, etc.
- Your faults or failures, bad days, imperfections and differences.
“It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless
you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived
– J.K. Rowling